Monday, January 27, 2014

Jessica's Sixteenth Email! January 26th, 2014

This week FLEW by. I can't believe it's already p-day.

Okay first off, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
I got packages from mom, Christie, Brit Man, and Aunt Shelley!!! The AP's told us on Friday they were passing through and had dropped our packages at the Zone leaders apt. So Saturday morning for exercise time we ran there. It's a little farther than the normal run, SO WORTH IT!! Haha oh.. and we ended up padyaking home :) Couldn't carry all of our stuff!!! Brit sent me the funniest shirt that says, "sorry mister, I'm a sister," and a great CD. Also the cutest pictures of Junie and Everett and caramels and ahh it was perfect! Aunt Shelley sent me the cutest pillow case!!! I've never seen anything as well-made in stores so I'm gonna assume she sewed it. It is incredible! Ahh we have such a great family. Can't wait for more antique shopping days while Mads is at work again one day! :) Dad. Your sisters are so talented!! There were also cute craft things and valentines cards and I was not left out of the notepad club!! I have my very own Richmond notepads. Thank you Aunt Shelley!! Mommmm. Your package. Oh my! Everything I could hope and dream for. Cookie Butter. The best!!! So much good stuff in one box! I love how you wrote Tagalog on the box! So magalinggg!!!! Christie! Angel! Thanks for the g's and oils and ahhh so much more. So pumped on those American flag hair ties! Just discrete enough to rock em!!! Haha and I was just saying the other day how I miss my little whiteboard because it's so convenient. And bam! Now I've got one. You are the best. Thank you all so much! I also got Christmas cards from the Heaps and Neris! All the Christmas cards this year have been so classy! Love them. Sister Bertha is always so great about sending Dear Elders. So fun to read! And a few more from missionary friends. Such a good week! Sister Taylor's mom is a genius! She sent pizza crust and pizza toppings and sauce and even string cheese!!! So last night we had a pizza party, it was the best. Forgot how much I love cheese!!! JK- I think about cheese everyday :)

Okay so this week was INCREDIBLE. We worked SO HARD. Like hardly took any time for lunch and dinner. We were just going the whole week! I think that's why it went by so quickly! We decided to change our daily goals this week. We made them more realistic and it really pushed us to meet our goals! We set goals we knew were reachable, and promised God we would work our hardest to reach them! And guess what, he made them happen! We actually surpassed our goals! We had 28 lessons and our average is usually around 19 probably. Also 5 new SOLID investigators. I have really big hopes for them! These people who usually hide from us invited us right in and let us teach them. We made a promise and God made miracles happen to reach our goals. So fun to see. We were walking the other night after being shocked at how much we were able to teach this week and we said, power week. Power miracles! I want to make every week for the rest of my mission a power week! We were even blessed with more energy than usual! It was great!

Another amazing thing! Our investigator Jenavie had her baptismal interview yesterday!!!!! Her baptism is scheduled for this Saturday! She is so amazing. She has 4 kids and has really just embraced this gospel. It is fun because I have been here since lesson 1 so I have really been able to see the changes she's made. I love her! So hopefully next week she will be a member of this wonderful church! She has a testimony and she is ready! Please pray that all goes as planned! :)
There is a scripture that our mission president quotes a lot. It is Jacob 6:12 and it says, "O be wise, what can I say more?" The scriptures are so full of simple scriptures that can have such an impact on people! Be wise everybody, it's that easy!!!

This was such a good food week! Not only did we have the pizza party, but we had so much other good food! Made homemade salsa. We are addicted to making roti, like a homemade tortilla. This morning we enjoyed pancakes with peanut butter and nutella. YUM!!! We had breakfast burritos one night. Ya... not the same without cheese, but still so good!!!!

Have I told you about the dogs here?? Terrifying! They are everywhere! Oh my gosh. We always hold our umbrellas for protection cause ya never know when they're coming! They are vicious. Dad, I know Nugget has really taken your heart, but I think you will still be pleased to hear that I will NEVER have a dog. Sorry in advance to my children. Haha don't worry Christie. I love Nugs! But these dogs have really made me hate all other dogs. Really scary!

One more thing I randomly thought about this week. I think one thing I miss the most is sewing! Sometimes we see people sewing and I just miss it so much! So Casey, you're in luck cause you might even be able to talk me into sewing more shop aprons when I get home... maybe! Haha

Hmm what else. Okay this email is just a bunch of random stuff haha. Sorry. Yesterday the whole time we were at church there was a brownout. Luckily is was a cool day so it didn't matter that the fans were off! But it was so different without a microphone haha. It's still weird to get used to the power just shutting off for hours at a time sometimes.

I think this about sums up my week! Lots of hard work and lots of miracles! Thanks for all your prayers and support! I am a lucky girl to have a family like you! I miss you all soooo much, but I know this is where I am supposed to be! And how much greater will be our reunion! Don't worry. I promise I'm not thinking about that! haha. I am so happy to be a missionary! I love you all. Hope you had fun in Colorado, Casey and dad! Have a wonderful week!!! Read your scriptures, serve others, and strengthen your relationship with our Father in Heaven who has given us EVERYTHING!!!!!

Love, Sister Richmond (JRICH)





Top 10
1. Packages!
2. The handwritten cards from everyone in the family!!
3. When Sister Taylor and I sing God Bless America for companionship study.
4. Started reading the B.O.M. in Tagalog. Hoping to finish by the time I come home haha. It's way longer!
5. Our new matching dresses.
6. Got Sister Taylor re-addicted to chapstick so I'm not alone with my problem!
7. SO MANY MIRACLES!
8. Jenavie should be baptized in 5 days!!! Ohhh whattttt?!??!
9. Great food!
10. I am a missionary and get to wear the name of Christ on me everyday!





 Trying to be friends with these animals.
 I think they were like lambs or goats or something??



 FHE activity at the Malates!


 Gettin into it. This is the counselor in the bishopric and his fam.


 The former bishop of the ward and his wife.



 We had a contest


  Our FHE was quite a hit


 Part way up the volcano, Mount Isarog






 hahah cheesy pic by a beautiful flower


 Spreadin the good word!


 Homemade tortillas, called roti. And homemade salsa!


 Dankyyy


 My lil friend


 This one's for Casey. Coke Zero HOLLAAAAA. 
Not diet coke.. but next best thing??


 Busy busy busy. Hah my letters that have been accumulating. 
Time to send!


 Just being really cute companions haha. 
Found these matching dresses for a bargain deal. 
Less than 5 American dollars! Whaaa Whattttt

 
Tried to capture Centro while being discrete. 
Here is the main road in Tigaon!


 Padyak and our favorite bakery in the background!


 Shopppin centaaaa. Kinda like the mall?? haha


 After a nice long run to the Zone leaders to pick up our mail.


 Ja-Ja-Jackpot!


 My room isn't normally so messy! I swear!



 Shirt from Brit hahah


Amazing pillow case from my amazing aunt! 
Thanks Shelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment